Ad Code

Air India Chief Expresses Concern Over Regular Sightings of Intoxicated Passengers

Airlines Booking, Airlines Name, Srilankan Airlines, Air India, Indigo Airlines, Airlines Website, Frontier Airlines Summer Pass, Hawaii United Airlines Flight, Frontier Airlines Flight Pass, Frontier Airlines Destinations, Condor Airlines, Frontier Airlines Customer Service Number, Momondo,

Following the merger of Air India and Vistara, the full-service airline will operate under the name Air India, according to Air India CEO & MD Campbell Wilson, as the brand is more well-known globally.

An incident involving a "drunk" male passenger allegedly urinating on a woman on board a New York-Delhi flight on November 26, 2022, caused the airline to review its alcohol service policy on January 7.

Our onboard alcohol policy was in compliance with the standards after a review. Our crew has since received education, and we've urged them to report any incidents. 

Alcohol-related incidents happen almost every day, and they typically happen when a passenger drinks alcohol somewhere other than a duty-free shop before boarding.

Wilson said that because Air India is a more well-known name internationally, the full-service carrier will continue to operate under that name after the Air India-Vistara merger.

Latest: Elon Musk Reclaims Title of World's Richest Person as Tesla Stocks Skyrocket

Subject to regulatory approvals, the transaction, which will make Air India the nation's largest international carrier and second-largest domestic carrier, is anticipated to close by March 2024.

Tata Group currently owns 51% of Vistara, with Singapore Airlines holding the remaining 49%.

Wilson revealed the airline's voluntary retirement programme, claiming that 1,500 employees—or 43% of the eligible workforce—opted for it, creating a crew shortage.

We hire 500 cabin crew each month and have a strong pipeline of candidates. There will soon be a crew academy that will train staff for both AI and other airlines, according to Wilson.

Post a Comment


Free Ultimate Startup Toolkit Click Here